- Identifies issues relevant to contemporary clinical care of children with kidney disease to share with both the ASPN membership and the medical community at large.
- Serves as a task force for the Council to evaluate clinical issues deemed of particular importance to ASPN and its membership.
- Makes recommendations based on expert opinion and membership consensus to maintain and improve standards of quality clinical care for children with kidney disease.
- Serves as liaison to other professional groups and organizations developing clinical guidelines or consensus statements impacting care of children with kidney disease.
- Serves as liaison to organizations developing educational materials about pediatric kidney disease for both medical professionals and the public.
- Works in collaboration with the Public Policy committee to educate ASPN membership about clinical practice issues, especially issues related to quality care, expected standards of care, and reimbursement.
- Works in collaboration with the Program Committee to develop symposia focused on issues relevant to the clinical practice of pediatric nephrology.
The Clinical Affairs Committee shall consist of 3 Council appointed Chairs (1 Chair & 2 Co-Chairs) not on Council, a Council Liaison and volunteer members. Chairs will serve 3 year staggered terms. Terms may be renewable at the discretion of the Council. Selection of the Chair positions should consider expertise in practice management and/or membership in the AAP SoN (Executive Committee) as applicable.
2 Years Renewable